EXPLORE FISHER ISLAND
FISHER ISLAND AMENITIES
- Par 35 nine-hole golf course designed by P. B. Dye, rated 8th among the top 25 nine-hole courses in the U.S.
- Newly renovated 10,000-square-foot golf club house
- 18-court tennis center with clay, hard and grass courts, rated best in the world by Tennis magazine
- Newly renovated 25,000-square-foot full-service spa and wellness center
- Two deep-water, surge-proof marinas with space for 131 vessels up to 250 feet
- First-class restaurants, including village center with a gourmet market, florist, boutiques and a bank
- Fisher Island Day School (pre-school to 5th grade), ranked top in the area for academics
- Stunning oceanfront Beach Club, offering towel service, sunset bar, sushi bar and a restaurant overlooking the beach and marina
- Complimentary golf cart for each resident member
- Impeccably manicured, fertile communal gardens and palm trees
- Lakes populated by flamingos, peacocks and exotic parrots from all over the world
- Full social calendar with lavish parties and events for Equity and Annual Members
- Active schedule of sports tournaments, theme parties, cultural events, children’s activities and other social functions
- The exquisite Fisher Island Hotel, a member of the Leading Small Hotels of the World™
- Reciprocal access to country clubs around the world for Fisher Island Club Members
- 24-hour security and absentee property management services
ABOUT FISHER ISLAND
In 1925, pioneering Miami Beach developer Carl Fisher offered his namesake 216-acre private island to William K. Vanderbilt ll in exchange for his 250-foot luxury yacht, The Eagle. The offer was quickly accepted, and Vanderbilt set to work turning Fisher Island – located just three miles from Downtown Miami – into his family’s private retreat. He constructed a $1.5 million Mediterranean-style mansion complete with lush landscaping, spacious guest rooms, tennis courts and a golf course, where each hole was named for a yacht or another of Vanderbilt’s luxurious personal assets.
Today, Fisher Island is one of the wealthiest zip codes anywhere in the U.S. It’s a secure, private world accessible only by car ferry or personal boat, where the original Vanderbilt mansion and its heated saltwater pool still anchor a 45-room boutique hotel. Peacocks descended from the Vanderbilt era still roam the grounds of this island paradise.
As one of South Florida’s premier resort communities, Fisher Island offers approximately 750 mid-rise Mediterranean condominiums, nine mansions, and amenities such as a private club for residents, top-rated nine-hole golf course, 18-court tennis center, world-class spa, beautiful beaches with white sand imported from the Bahamas, two full-service deep-water marinas, boutique hotel, top-ranked private school, and both casual and fine dining options.
Enjoy alfresco Floridian fare at The Beach Club, Italian and Mediterranean cuisine at Porto Cerva, or steaks at Garwood. Each unique dining establishment is intimately located within the historic Vanderbilt mansion. The island also has its own village center with stores and markets, a post office, fire station and more. There's even a state-of-the-art observatory built and donated by one of the residents as a gift to the island, and available to hotel guests upon reservation.
Fisher Island truly is one of the most exquisite and unique lifestyle experiences anywhere in the world. It offers historic luxury in a city renowned for everything new, and ultimate privacy just minutes from one of the world’s most exciting destinations. Contact us today for ownership opportunities in this incomparable private island community.